Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life
(01-28-2019, 12:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Bridgewater would be a clear downgrade from Dalton though. Career highs of 3231 yards and 14 TD's. 3 straight years of rehabbing or sitting on benches. If we could get him on something like a 1 year - $8 million "prove it" deal, he might make sense as a stopgap with a young QB behind him. That said, if the price of Nick Foles were even remotely similar, I'd probably rather roll with him as a stopgap. Or just keep Andy and see what he he can do with Taylor. 

Tbh, I don't know what I want. For once, I'm glad I'm not making the decisions.  Gaah

Yeah, he is.....but so is Carr and Tannehill, and they are expensive.  That was the whole point.  If you're going to trade Dalton to get draft picks, don't turn around and pay a guy that is a worse player more money.  If you're going to get a worse player as a bridge, do so cheaply.  Hence, Teddy Bridgewater.

Foles is gonna be high dollar.   It will cripple you on the cap end of things.....which would be the whole reason in moving Dalton....saving money at the QB position and stocking draft picks to surround your franchise QB of the future with talent.

If the team is looking at a FA bridge that is more expansive, you may as well give Andy the opportunity to be the bridge and see what happens.  He's relatively cheap.....unless you ask some folks. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-29-2019, 11:46 AM