Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life
(01-28-2019, 12:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Everytime that I mentioned that Marvin was handicapped by coaching under Mike Brown there was a whole cadre of posters who claimed the Bengals had enough talented players to win and it was just Marvin's fault for not winning with them

It is "change for the sake of change" when you wish we were "starting over with a new expansion team".  It is absurd to argue that we don't have a single good player on our team or that we have to get rid of every single player just because he played under Marvin.

1. That "cadre of posters" was referring to Marvin's overall tenure, not specifically the last 3 years. You're manipulating and putting words in people's mouths to make some easy point to argue against.

2. I made the expansion comment tongue in cheek, and I've never said we should dump every single player that ever played under Marvin. Just that if we continue losing in the same scenarios, I'd consider clearing out more of the guys who spent a long time playing under Marvin. You always try to make valid points sound irrational through word manipulation. 

(01-29-2019, 11:46 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, he is.....but so is Carr and Tannehill, and they are expensive.  That was the whole point.  If you're going to trade Dalton to get draft picks, don't turn around and pay a guy that is a worse player more money.  If you're going to get a worse player as a bridge, do so cheaply.  Hence, Teddy Bridgewater.

Foles is gonna be high dollar.   It will cripple you on the cap end of things.....which would be the whole reason in moving Dalton....saving money at the QB position and stocking draft picks to surround your franchise QB of the future with talent.

If the team is looking at a FA bridge that is more expansive, you may as well give Andy the opportunity to be the bridge and see what happens.  He's relatively cheap.....unless you ask some folks. Mellow

Due to talent/price ratio, I think keeping Dalton will probably be the sensible way to go. Even if we draft a QB, we could make it a Flacco/Jackson scenario...although I'd hope for a better QB than Jackson, who I wasn't all that impressed with.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Shake n Blake - 01-29-2019, 02:07 PM