Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life
(01-29-2019, 02:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Due to talent/price ratio, I think keeping Dalton will probably be the sensible way to go. Even if we draft a QB, we could make it a Flacco/Jackson scenario...although I'd hope for a better QB than Jackson, who I wasn't all that impressed with.

I do too.....that's why, for me, a guy like Bridgewater is the only one that makes any sense.  If a team gambles on him, I think he will take a cheap deal to get another crack at starting.  He was never impressive, as you noted, but he made smart decisions at Louisville, and is as tough as they come. We didn't really get to see what he could have developed into at the NFL level. He also played while AP was the feature on the Vikings offense, but he's never gonna be a 5500 yrd, 40 TD machine.

(01-29-2019, 02:22 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I'd like to second that. Jackson, as far as I can tell, will set back the Raven's franchise for several years. San Diego gave the blue print for beating them and I don't see them making the playoffs again with Jackson at QB.

Agree with you both.  Jackson was a reach in the 1st, in my opinion.  He may go on to develop into a solid starter, but at the moment, he's got a ways to go.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-29-2019, 02:52 PM