Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life
(01-31-2019, 02:47 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well change is a coming and one thing I have learned watching Dalton is he will continue to work hard, do what the coaches ask of him since he is a professional and continue to be a great leader on the field and in the locker room. very excited about this upcoming season for him.. just hope we can improve the line and keep healthy... if we do those two things we will be in the hunt for Division and a run in playoffs

No doubt. Solid, hard working accurate QB that is also a leader. This is what we have and lots of teams would love to have this.

(01-31-2019, 10:44 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Hmm 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/643144-andy-dalton-2011-nfl-draft-scouting-report

And that is repeated on every report you read on the guy.

Yes, accuracy on the deep balls can sometimes be off but he is one of the most accurate Post and Slot route QB's in the NFL.

(01-31-2019, 10:47 AM)Earendil Wrote: Sometimes, people have deeply entrenched ideas that they get so hung up on, no amount of convincing will ever change their minds.  I think that is the case with most people who don't like Dalton.  He's not Joe Montana, but he's not Ryan Leaf either.

Nice post Earnendil. Too much emotion makes people exaggerate.

(01-31-2019, 10:49 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Right, I don't know where this leadership bullshit comes from.  People need to listen to AJ Green sometimes.  Sure, he doesn't have the rocket arm, and that leads to some missed deep throws, but he's accurate overall, and leads by example and calming guys down in the huddle.

I get people don't like the guy, for whatever reason, but don't just make shit up, or parrot other bullshit you've read on here.  The sources and the numbers just don't back it up.

Spot on Wyche, no need to make shit up and parrot it like it is gospel.

We know what we have in Dalton so far and who knows how much better he could get under an offensive minded coach?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-31-2019, 12:57 PM