Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life
(01-31-2019, 10:55 AM)Wyche Wrote: .....and what happened when Anderson suddenly "burst on the scene" after year 9?  I wonder........I wonder...... Hmm

They didn't switch head coaches did they?

Ninja

It wasn't like that. Anderson had two passing titles by the time he was in the league 5 years. And at that point there was only 1 wild card team and 3 division champs who made the playoffs. It was much more difficult to make the post season back then.

And even then Anderson was crucified by fans when he had a bad game. I remember it well. In his MVP year he was removed midway through the first game.

I am hard on Dalton, but doesn't include any hate at all. Mentioning his playoffs stats is not hate, it's just stating the stats of the most important games. They are what they are.

I do object to people elevating him above Anderson or Boomer as today's era has made offense and the passing game so much easier. Most of Anderson's passing yards came in an era when receivers could be mugged all the way down the field. Comparing yards from today to yards of yesteryear is like comparing people's pay today with the number of dollars they made 40 years ago. The basis is way off, the yards are inflated.

If you want to talk playoff appearances, 3 of Dalton's 4 would not have occurred in the 70s or 80s as there was no 6th seed until 1990. Just to put things in perspective.

What I do like about Dalton is that he's team player, he does play pretty well generally. That's a lot more than I can say for guys like RG III, Krapernick and others.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - BengalChris - 01-31-2019, 02:35 PM