Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life
(02-01-2019, 04:30 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: It certainly does need to materialize, no doubt.  I guess a lot of the hate/homer stuff still carries over from the old boards.  To a lesser extent, there is still some of that "he's trash" BS that was there, but people don't often nitpick every incompletion like they did there.  It was exhausting.

The guy is a solid NFL caliber QB to me, and he and his mates need to get it together on the big stage.  Andy has since conquered some of the prime time demons, and in games against rivals.  The bad games aren't nearly as common as they were early on.  Take this last season, for example, he and AJ were simply a raging inferno against the Ravens, but their defensive mates nearly dropped the ball and cost us that game.  That's a hallmark of Lewis' tenure.  Never seemed to have all three phases clicking at the same time....save for a game here and there.  

The biggest thing about him is a false narrative.  It's said that he needs elite weapons around him to win.  I think 2014 dispels that myth.  What he NEEDS is good protection.  I even read a current scouting report about him that admitted that when he is protected well, he can pick any defense in the NFL apart.  To me, that is the key with him, put a good line in front of him.  It was the same with Palmer. I hope that disconnect from the FO is solved as well.

In Marvin's defense... The refs practically handed the Ravens two TDs in that particular game. It was the only game I went to last year... In the last coupla years actually... I was in the 3rd level and could see what a blatantly shit call the one PI in the end zone was. I forget what led to the other, but a raging blowout all of the sudden turned into a game... The conspiracy buffs on here were in full force the next day...

Doesn't mean you're wrong about Marvin's track record in the 3rd quarter though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - jason - 02-01-2019, 05:04 PM