Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life
Dalton is below average so get over it and move on about it.  

1) His combined qb ratings give him 1 good year, 4 average, and 3 bad seasons. If you count playoff games as worth two regular season games he's had 1 good season and 7 bad ones.

2) Trading Dalton for a second rounder would address several needs. It would clear close to 17 million from the cap. The Bengals could draft a second round DE, get a good right tackle for 10 million and a good cover linebacker for 7 million.

3) Waiting to trade Dalton in  a couple years will mean you get zero trade value out of him. Nobody wants a 34 year old qb whose below average and can't get it done in the playoffs. You wouldn't even get a 7th rounder for him. 

At the very least the Bengals should draft a first round qb and give Dalton some competition; Don't just keep giving him the starting job. He's never had to compete for his job even once.

The Bengals just keep handing him the job with no competition and he knows he doesn't have to step up his game because he has no threat from anyone to take his job. Competition produces success. 
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - wolverine515151 - 02-01-2019, 06:26 PM