Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dream Free Agents to Bolster Roster Before Draft
(01-13-2019, 07:42 AM)Synric Wrote: There are some issues here.

1. If Tyler Eifert can earn up to 8 million that means his cap hit would be 8 million not 2 so it adds up to 55.5.

But let's go ahead with the 2 million Eifert cap hit.

2. Over the cap has the Bengals at 52 million cap space
and you have spent up to 49.5. Leaving 2.5 million. The 11th pick of the draft costs 4 million a year so you would not be able to sign any of your draft picks.

But let's say you cut enough free agents to fit in the draft picks which brings us to issue number....

3. You would be letting both Tyler Boyd and AJ Green go into contract years without an extension. Both would be allowed to enter free agency. ( After rereading I see you would let AJ walk...which would be just ugh.)

Getting rid of a couple of burdensome contracts could change that figure, significantly.  For example, by eliminating the Cordy Glenn and Vontaze Burfict contracts would add just over $16M in cap space.

I would think that having 68M in available space would allow for some vast improvements to be made on the OL and LB corps, and possibly even get us a TE and bolster the Secondary.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dream Free Agents to Bolster Roster Before Draft - SunsetBengal - 01-13-2019, 10:44 AM