Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dream Free Agents to Bolster Roster Before Draft
(01-13-2019, 07:11 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I do not like # 3-4, & 6. Everything else seems solid.  

Brown just seemed slow and I am not sure he is worth a 3 year contract.  
I am ready to move on from Eifert because I worry about his health and I hope he just retires.  Team cannot count on him to be healthy.  

I agree that Price should be moved to RG, at least see how he does there (as I stated earlier in the season).  Keep Hopkins as a backup Center and get someone else like you said. I am not giving up on Price.  He had injuries and a Lisfranc Sprain is quite serious for a lineman.  I think Price had difficulties because of the speed of the game as a rookie but also, Hart and the RG were horrendous.  I just think his natural position is RG.  

I hate to say this but I am ready to move on from AJ Green.  He is a freak athlete but his cost in terms of next contract will be high.  Too high.  

I have mixed feelings regarding Dalton.  I think he can be a top tier QB if provided a decent O-Line but I do not think he is elite.  I do not think the team should re-up his contract and begin looking at 2020 draft for a new QB.  

In 2019 draft, the Bengals must hit home runs on the 1-2 rounds and hopefully get that stud Mike backer and maybe TE/WR.  Burfict should be released.  They should look for a raw but talented backer in round  4 and grab the best OT available in round 3.  

I also would look for them to grab a play maker at safety to help Bates.  I hate to say this but they also need another CB.  

It will take two years to upgrade team personnel.  I thought the Bengals did well given the injuries and limited talent.  They almost beat the Steelers twice and almost swept Ravens.

I went in with intentions on spending a bunch on LBs. Looking through the available free agent list it just wasnt there. KJ Wright and Mosley but i dont think they leave their respective teams. They are head and shoulders above everyone else. 

I was a toss up between Bucannon and Kwon Alexander. Went Bucannon since Kwon is coming off ACL and has longer injury history. Thomas Davis wasnt my first choice. But the Carolina games i watched this year he was still flashing. Brown was hurt in the first game and never seemed right. Im hoping after the down year we can get him cheap.

Im ready to move on from Eifert too. Unless he is open to a cheap incentive laden contract. And that shouldnt be the end of improvements at the position.

I still like Price as a starter. I just want to take out a big part of the mental aspect and responsibilities for him and let him go maul people feom his natural RG spot. And let him not have to think so much about snapping the ball properly.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dream Free Agents to Bolster Roster Before Draft - NATI BENGALS - 01-13-2019, 01:19 PM