Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was Austin the Problem with the Defense?
TY for the in depth look before and after Austin was fired.

The common denominator for the future for me is our run defense needs to improve by 40 yards a game. I se 2 issues and one many will not like. Geno is a great pass rusher inside, but he is not big enough to e a great run defender. He demands double teams when rushing, but against the run most teams block him one on one.

That puts all if the pressure on the other interior DL. Billings was OK, but inconsistent and gets gassed easily so the guys they brought in late in the year to rest him actually did better as they were huge DT's (or looked that way). I thought Dunlap regressed in 2018 and hopefully he gets back to himself in 2019.

So, we need a 3 down big and physical stud alongside Geno (possible 1st round pick) or FA.

The other glaring weakness is at LB. Burfict is done. Vigil, Evans and others are good back ups. So, I think our biggest glaring weakness is at LB. I would love to see us draft White and add a player like KJ Wright who can cover and stop the run.

I don't think the defense or offense needs blown up, just need better health and a few key players on both sides of the ball upgraded or players to step up in year 3 like Ross.
Great work on the defensive stats, like I said the one glaring with both guys is our run defense is not playoff caliber.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Was Austin the Problem with the Defense? - Luvnit2 - 01-14-2019, 07:52 PM