Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another change that needs to happen
(01-18-2019, 10:45 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think they were doing really well in the lineman category for a while (Levi Jones, Andrew Whitworth, Zeitler, Boling, Andre Smith, Willie Anderson) but when it came time to have replacements ready (something they were proactive about) the drafting of Ogbuehi and Fisher were huge misses.

If even one of those two panned out at LT, we would have been much, much better off.   They wouldn't have had to make the move on Glenn and maybe they draft a guard or go after one in FA.  

But they did miss....big time.  Now they have Glenn but need a RT.  And likely a player to try and develop behind Glenn.  A lot is going to depend on what is available in the draft but I STILL go with the duo of Westerman and Redmond at RG because i feel the run blocking behind them is pretty solid, but the pass blocking suffers with Hart on the outside of them.  I know Redmond had a ton of penalties, but as a rookie, he did show drive blocking ability.  Put a superior talent at RT and I think the line soars in year two under Pollack and with a better scheme. 

Pollack is gone now but I agree that the biggest need by far on the line is Right Tackle. I would give Westerman an actual shot to win the job at Right Guard this year unless someone they like falls to them in the mid rounds at Guard.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another change that needs to happen - JungleRock85 - 01-18-2019, 11:25 AM