Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New offense under Taylor, whats it look like ?
(01-17-2019, 05:01 PM)Au165 Wrote: All things considered Mixon had a good year with the line we have now. The fact they do a lot of play action with run blocking concepts instead of standard pass blocking gives a little leeway in my mind. I'm all for upgrading the O line every year, but I think the LB and defense in general is a bigger concern (I still think we need a mid to high CB this year).

Daniel Jones is more of a west coast passer to me and I'm not sure he fits here, I really think if he goes QB it would be a Kylar Murray as crazy as that may sound with the Air Raid concepts McVay has used. Haskins could get away with it because the mesh stuff OSU ran was really similar to a lot of what the Rams did. I think he waits and let's Dalton take his shot at it.

I think the overall depth is better on the defensive side with a scheme that fits better if would be more successful like it did when Marvin took over. The depth on offense is bad...very bad.

I say Daniel Jones would fit because it isnt a straight up vertical passing scheme so he doesnt need the Josh Allen arm. Jones can hit those crossers and the play action boots McVay likes to run. His eye discipline is probably the best in the draft so he could create extra YAC with his eyes in the Air Raid system. It's a simple offense to learn so he could do it from day 1.

But I agree Dalton could run that offense and look doing it.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: New offense under Taylor, whats it look like ? - Synric - 01-17-2019, 05:39 PM