Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Shouldn't Worry About Senior Bowl.
(01-18-2019, 08:29 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Yeah, I would pay close attention to the offensive linemen. I swear, one draft "pundit" would have a guy rated as a first rounder and the next "pundit" rates him as a 6-7th rounder. Better to see for yourselves.

Those extreme examples are quite rare, but yes, there does seem to be some disparity among ratings services.  Could be attributed to some sort of favoritism, maybe?  I don't know for sure, but when I see some service rating plater "out of line" with the majority of services, I start wondering where they are getting their money from.  

In this day and age of technology, where pretty much everyone has access to everyone's game footage, legal and personal records, etc., I find it odd if a particular service varies much from the pack.  Sure, you can go on old fashioned intuition, and find a hidden gem here or there, and the law of averages shows that typically approximately (X)% of highly projected guys just won't live up to expectations, etc., but when a particular service is typically different from the majority?  I call foul.  The guys that dedicate their careers to putting a value on a player's performance have a duty to be honest, and it shows by the bulk of them being in agreement.  If they aren't honest and objective, their careers will be short because of it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Shouldn't Worry About Senior Bowl. - SunsetBengal - 01-18-2019, 09:04 PM