Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dwayne Haskins or Kyler Murray?
(01-21-2019, 10:40 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Haskins is a elite prospect, much better than trubisky when .he came out and u saw what the bears gave up for him.  I see no way Williams goes over Haskins. Or boss for that matter. Clear cut qb1. Would have been qb3 last year. And. That's only due to lack of starts. Dude will be a top 5 qb in the league in short order. Amazing what Haskins was able to do being handicapped by the system.

To say you see no way is kind of disingenuous, I see the way and it's pretty simple, Cardinals want a defender and if they slide back to 4 or 5 for instance they don't get one of the best two in the draft. You lose me with "handicapped by the system". He had a good year but the system didn't make him hurry throws under pressure. The system didn't make him disregard his footwork at times and "upper body" it down field resulting in inaccuracies. He left YAC on the field at times because of the inaccuracies (high and behind) and that wasn't the systems fault. 

I'd bet his grade will be similar to Trubisky, possibly slightly higher, but I think what he is contending with is two defenders who could be all pro year 1. He's a good QB no doubt, but your praise of him is a little bit over the top. In the last 5 years I would have had him about the 7th or 8th best QB to come out.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dwayne Haskins or Kyler Murray? - McC - 01-19-2019, 12:43 PM
RE: Dwayne Haskins or Kyler Murray? - Au165 - 01-21-2019, 10:58 AM
RE: Dwayne Haskins or Kyler Murray? - J24 - 01-21-2019, 02:45 PM
RE: Dwayne Haskins or Kyler Murray? - McC - 02-06-2019, 12:46 PM
RE: Dwayne Haskins or Kyler Murray? - McC - 02-06-2019, 01:49 PM