Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dwayne Haskins or Kyler Murray?
(01-22-2019, 01:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You really think Haskins would have been QB3 in a class with Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Baker Mayfield, and Lamar Jackson when he only played in two games?
You may see a lot of potential in Haskins, but there's no way he would have been third QB taken in that draft.

I think Rosen is underrated by a lot of people. He's a lot like Eli Manning. He's overly criticized and written off but he'd be a very consistent 4000+ yard, 25+ TD passer who could help drive a team to the Super Bowl. Rosen was about as safe of a pick as you could make, albeit not a flashy one.

I'd take Rosen over any of these QBs in this draft class, and I'd give up pick #11 for him if that's what it took to get him. His rookie year in AZ (with a bad OL) doesn't scare me, as we've seen what a new scheme and better OL can do for a projected elite QB (see Jared Goff).

I think he is saying if Dwayne Haskins this year would have been QB 3 in that class, which I'd say 3 or 4 is fair (above Jackson possibly behind others). I could make an argument for Haskins as QB2 in some ways behind only Mayfield, but that's kind of based on my own personnel feelings about Darnold coming out. I actually was a big Rosen fan last year, but after some of his decision making this year I have concerns. I think it could have been lack of talent and scheme to an extent but he threw some inexplicable balls last year. I'd have to think long and hard if I wanted to tie my franchise to him, mainly because of the personality quirks that were discussed pre draft. Add those with the decision making and I'd almost rather roll my dice on some of these other options in future drafts (Not so much this one).
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dwayne Haskins or Kyler Murray? - McC - 01-19-2019, 12:43 PM
RE: Dwayne Haskins or Kyler Murray? - J24 - 01-21-2019, 02:45 PM
RE: Dwayne Haskins or Kyler Murray? - Au165 - 01-22-2019, 03:11 PM
RE: Dwayne Haskins or Kyler Murray? - McC - 02-06-2019, 12:46 PM
RE: Dwayne Haskins or Kyler Murray? - McC - 02-06-2019, 01:49 PM