Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dwayne Haskins or Kyler Murray?
(01-22-2019, 03:21 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I beg to differ 

Go look at the very first offensive play in the Michigan game this year as but one example and tell me what that is ? 

If you want to split hairs and say that's not the "read option" so be it. But the point is pressure was on him to run/fit into the UM style of offense and that's just not his game.

Read my next sentence after the one you highlighted. Haskins ran 79 times on the year with 38 of them coming in the last 4 games. Many of his attempts before Maryland were on broken plays not designed runs. They were not designed read options for most the year which actually limited the effectiveness of the running game at times because the backside end was crashing so hard. Haskins is a smart guy, if it was truly a read he would have read it and pulled but he really didn't all year. 

To your point, no it wasn't and it never was meant to be this year. This was Ryan Day's offense not Urban Meyers, from the lack of power running game (They ran more zone this year than any previous year) to the obvious lack of QB running. There was less screen passing than almost any year of Urban Meyers head coaching tenure as well. Heck no QB in Urban Meyer's history has ever ran a true full field spread before this year, that was something Day brought in with true NFL route combos on both the front and back side of plays. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dwayne Haskins or Kyler Murray? - McC - 01-19-2019, 12:43 PM
RE: Dwayne Haskins or Kyler Murray? - J24 - 01-21-2019, 02:45 PM
RE: Dwayne Haskins or Kyler Murray? - Au165 - 01-22-2019, 03:29 PM
RE: Dwayne Haskins or Kyler Murray? - McC - 02-06-2019, 12:46 PM
RE: Dwayne Haskins or Kyler Murray? - McC - 02-06-2019, 01:49 PM