Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Green/Atkins/Dalton's Window Closing......
(01-22-2019, 12:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: That's for some.....I was never optimistic about Ken Zampese, in fact, I was furious with the lazy hire.  Austin was an unknown, some folks were leery of it, some were excited, some were unsure.....like me.

The reason for optimism here is this is an entire staff overhaul.  It's not just a new HC, the FO is actually moving on from assistants this time around.  Entirely new coordinators, a lot of new position coaches, most of the Merv stench has been febrezed.  Who is left that has been here any significant time, Simmons?  

I also get the need to be cautiously optimistic and temper our expectations.  My outlook is this:  if the FO is as aggressive with the roster as they have been with this coaching change, I think we'll see a rather quick turnaround unless this guy is a complete moron.  We played some decent football with a guy that was close to vest and seemed to tighten the ol sphincter up against tougher competition in pressure situations.  He was rigid with scheme and adjustments. If this guy comes in here and has the team playing loose, can adjust, and will scheme more to player strengths vs shoving square pegs in round holes, we'll already be improved.....roster overhaul or not.

Again 1,000% agree

Marvin was completely inflexible in his decisions ! Redmond was playing RG and that's final until he finally took him out at the end of the season.
He refused to try anything except his way ! We're running plays A,B,C, and D and you either get it done or else. Ross IMHO is a perfect example ! Perhaps he'll still be a flop under ZT ? but I have a feeling some eyes are gonna be opened.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: With Green/Atkins/Dalton's Window Closing...... - bengalfan74 - 01-22-2019, 01:01 PM