Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Place Kickers and Our Kicking Game
(01-22-2019, 04:22 PM)Wyche Wrote: With so many more pressing issues at the moment, I'm not sure it is.  Randy is solid and reliable, just not a lot of range.  This is a position that will need to be addressed soon though.

(01-22-2019, 05:12 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Randy was 17-18 inside the 50, and I think his only miss was blocked.

I can live with that.

55 yarders are impressive, but missed sub-40 yarders are the heartbreakers. Nothing worse than losing gimme points and coming away from a drive in or near the red zone with 0 points.

You show me where they can get a guaranteed Justin Tucker, and I will gladly agree, but until then there's nothing wrong with Randy.

Agreed with Wyche and LL. 

Kickers that consistently hit 50+ yarders and are also consistent on everything else are extremely rare. There's only one Justin Tucker on the planet. What we have is a pretty solid guy who is consistent on the shorter kicks, he hits his XP's, and if we need him to hit a 50 yarder, he's shown the range to do so. He's just not going to hit them consistently (he's 3/6 as a Bengal, 8/17 career).

Tbh with Kickers, you're either at the top 5%, your kicker is "just a guy", or your kicker sucks. As long as your kicker doesn't suck, there's little difference. The top kicker in % missed 1 kick in 34 tries this year. The 20th ranked kicker missed 5 kicks in 32 tries. 22 kickers hit at least 82% this year, which is solid...and as Fred pointed out, not many kickers are hitting those 50 yarders often.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Place Kickers and Our Kicking Game - Shake n Blake - 01-25-2019, 02:53 PM