Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Someone is tearing up the senior bowl
(01-26-2019, 03:05 PM)McC Wrote: Wouldn't catch pct. be at least partially determined by the QB?  I saw him underthrown and overthrown a lot.  Usually, when the ball was to him, he caught it.  Not always,  Bust most of the time,  In fact, he made a few very good catches.  And he was open a lot.

Determining catch percentage would be kind of tough.  We don't know how many plays the ball was designed to thrown to a spot, rather than to the actual man.  Andy doesn't strike me as the type of individual that would divulge material to make a teammate look bad, so we may never know the statistical truth.

Anyway, I feel like the team would be foolhardy to rely on John Ross for serious production, at this point.  I think that he still has some developing and proving to do.  However, I do believe it is time for the team to start planning for life post AJ Green.  He's absorbed a ton of physical punishment over the years, all of those collisions and injuries add up.  I would completely expect Tyler Boyd to be given at least a 3 year extension, as he has more than proven himself as a reliable go-to-guy, and even clutch at times.  To run a prolific offense like they do in LA, they're going to need some extra receiving weapons.  I wouldn't be surprised at all, if the Bengals add 1-2 receivers capable of threatening the starting lineup, either through free agency or the draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Someone is tearing up the senior bowl - SunsetBengal - 01-26-2019, 03:23 PM