Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Someone is tearing up the senior bowl
(01-26-2019, 04:45 PM)McC Wrote: Still didn't answer my question but I'm not gonna derail the thread any further.   So, if I target you a hundred times and the ball is nowhere near you and you catch none of them, does that make your reception pct zero?

Bottom line, I believe he's fixable.

I believe such a poor QB would show up in the other receivers' stats as well. You can compare Ross to the other receivers on the same team with he same QBs.

If the receiver is suppose to be at spot X and the ball is at spot X, but receiver isn't at spot X it's still a target and a non-catch. If the receiver is at spot X but the ball isn't, then it's still a target and a non-catch. Nobody catches 100% of their targets.

The receiver's #1 job is to catch the ball. Playing games with the stats that having arbitrary justifications for him not catching the ball is bogus. If the receiver is not where he's suppose to be and the ball is it won't count as a drop because he couldn't have caught it. It's a target and a non-catch.

Coaching comes into play in a big way. Receiver needs to be coach to run right route. QB needs to be coached to throw ball to right spot. Team needs to play as a coordinated unit.

Catch percentage compared with the catch percentage of other receivers on the team tell us exactly how that receiver played. It's a really simple concept.

Look at it like this: If running back A had a 2.2 yard per carry average for a season you really don't know if the line was bad or the RB was bad. But if the other RBs on that same team gained say 4.5 and 3.9 yards per carry, then you can tell right there that this one RB had a significantly lower yards per carry and you would want to figure out why that was and fix it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Someone is tearing up the senior bowl - BengalChris - 01-26-2019, 05:04 PM