Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Someone is tearing up the senior bowl
(01-26-2019, 05:04 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I believe such a poor QB would show up in the other receivers' stats as well. You can compare Ross to the other receivers on the same team with he same QBs.

If the receiver is suppose to be at spot X and the ball is at spot X, but receiver isn't at spot X it's still a target and a non-catch. If the receiver is at spot X but the ball isn't, then it's still a target and a non-catch. Nobody catches 100% of their targets.

The receiver's #1 job is to catch the ball. Playing games with the stats that having arbitrary justifications for him not catching the ball is bogus.

Catch percentage compared with the catch percentage of other receivers on the team tell us exactly how that receiver played. It's a really simple concept.

Look at it like this: If running back A had a 2.2 yard per carry average for a season you really don't know if the line was bad or the RB was bad. But if the other RBs on that same team gained say 4.5 and 3.9 yards per carry, then you can tell right there that this one RB had a significantly lower yards per carry and you would want to figure out why that was and fix it.

Except you are missing one huge variable. Dalton was getting the ball out in less than 2.5 seconds (2.3 through 9 weeks) meaning he was throwing to a spot. If the receiver does not win off the line and get to that spot it effects the outcome of the play.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Someone is tearing up the senior bowl - Synric - 01-26-2019, 05:15 PM