Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ says ML leaving is the spark we needed
(02-01-2019, 03:11 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: 100 % agree

It wasn't a shot at Marvin and that's not how I meant it. Just an acknowledgment that Marvin's message had gotten stale and it was time to move on.

I doubt the players hate Marvin and neither do I. I believe he's a good guy. He's just not a HC who's capable of getting us to the next level.

Absolutely agree '74.  I didn't take it that way from your OP either.  I think, well pretty much know, these guys loved Marvin.  I think the problem was two fold....it had gotten stale, and players had become a little lax due to comfort with him.

I have good memories of Marvin, and will forever be grateful to him for making NFL football fun again.  After the 90s, it was sure refreshing for a while.  The postseason and big game letdowns became too much for me in the end, and may have for the players as well.  It's similar to Lazor, most everyone here felt it was definitely time to move on from him as OC, but damned if I'm not grateful to him for pushing back on Piano Man, and exposing the arrogance we all assumed was the issue there.  He inadvertently made the team's future better off by taking that stand.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AJ says ML leaving is the spark we needed - Wyche'sWarrior - 02-01-2019, 04:17 PM