Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expectations for the 2019 Season
(02-06-2019, 05:26 PM)Fullrock Wrote: So given the Webster's definition of ignorance that was so astutely posted above,  exactly what lack of knowledge did I have? I'm aware this team lost several starters to injury. But again, it's silly to think that losing starters who weren't playing well in the first place automatically means a team would win more games. My opinion is my opinion bassed on the facts, just as you can say yours is. But nice job going way out on a limb with a floor of 4 and a ceiling of 10 wins. Well done!

As stated above, to believe a combination of the injured players don't equate to even 1 win is what would be ignorant. If you take Vegas's approach to assigning wins, a starting QB is usually worth .5 to 1 win by himself. Most other players aren't worth a half a point but as a sum of all the parts you can EASILY attribute a single win greater to the total with the injured players back if all you did was add back in the QB. 

As to the range, that was my whole point. No one knows what they will be but to say the best possible outcome is equal to this year is....well see above.  Throwing out how you think they will do is an opinion and a fair one at that, placing a "ceiling" equal to this years win total is where the ignorance is because the injuries do play into a projection of success. It may seem like semantics but there is actually some game theory behind this.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Expectations for the 2019 Season - McC - 02-06-2019, 01:08 PM
RE: Expectations for the 2019 Season - Au165 - 02-06-2019, 05:59 PM
RE: Expectations for the 2019 Season - J24 - 02-06-2019, 04:07 PM
RE: Expectations for the 2019 Season - McC - 02-08-2019, 01:48 AM