Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player Accountability w/ New Coaches
(02-08-2019, 01:06 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I'm not necessarily referring to him holding his players accountable, but more we as fans holding them equally accountable instead of dumping it all on the new coach just because he's young.

I'm thinking along the lines of people saying "it's the coach's fault for not getting players to buy in" vs my stance that "the players should be buying in to whatever the coach is selling regardless".

Or, to put it another way, I feel like a guy like Vontaze Burfict is just as responsible for falling in line than the coach is for *getting* him to fall in line. I don't feel like it's solely on the coach to "sell" what he wants to do - the players, as professionals, should be buying in from the beginning.

...but the storyline seems to be "can a young coaching staff get veteran players to follow". They'd better!

I hear ya, I'm just thinking we are so hyped about having a new coach that IF things go sideways in year one we are going to be more likely to heap the blame on the players than him.

(02-08-2019, 01:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Stop acting like the players are on your side.  Some may be but some clearly supported Marvin.

And you could not tell ANYTHING by the looks on their faces during games.  You are just making that up.

I agree.  It's all about seeing who won or lost and then deducing what people were "feeling." 

PLAYERS DONT SHOW EMOTION
when you win - players are disciplined, regimented, icewater in their veins
when you lose - players are lazy, don't care, HC/QB has lost the team

PLAYERS DO SHOW EMOTION

when you win - players are fired up, show swagger, get in each others faces, hold each other accountable, give a damn
when you lose - HC/QB has lost the team, undisciplined, cancerous side-show, immature locker room
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Player Accountability w/ New Coaches - Nately120 - 02-08-2019, 02:31 PM