Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player Accountability w/ New Coaches
(02-08-2019, 02:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know about you specifically, but a lot of people saying what you are saying have had very strong opinions about draft picks before they ever played a single down.

I have not said anything critical of Taylor himself, but I am concerned about the coaches he is hiring to fill his staff.  Seems like he is looking more for "yes men" who will never question him instead of coaches who could help him see different perspectives on problems.

I mean when it comes to draft picks, I agree 100% - let's see what they can do before we start burning jerseys. The problem with being "that guy" (whether it comes to draft picks or coaching hires) is that "those guys" often tend to root for failure just so they can say "I told you so".

I think people are being a little cynical about the coaching staff hires. 99% of us have no real idea if these guys are good coaches or not... a lot of people would prefer a big name over an unknown. I felt like the drama over losing the big name Pollack was overstated - he was here a year - but people were told he was the end all be all and so now we're doomed. We want to hear a hire's name and be able to go "I know that guy", but there's a lot more to it than that.

You call them yes men, but I look at it as having a unified voice. I think there's something to be said for having one consistent message, especially in a new staff trying to establish a way of doing things. Too many contradictory voices throwing out different perspective and you end up as the Browns, firing an HC and OC on the same day.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Player Accountability w/ New Coaches - NKURyan - 02-08-2019, 04:33 PM