Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's time to put an end to Model Model
(02-11-2019, 12:08 PM)Synric Wrote: Yea cant hit on everyone. I was always saying that even though they drafted well in the Dalton era they wasted so many bad picks in defensive front 7. They finally started getting play out of their defensive line picks the last few years after replacing Jay Hayes.

.....which is what I'm getting at.  The Marvin stink is off now, gotta hope the new staff can develop and get more out of their players.  In my post you quoted, there are many, many more players I could have thrown into that mix.  Some of those players, like Russell Bodine, left here and became good players.  Bodine's numbers were actually pretty damn good in Buffalo before he got hurt.  Here?  He was rated as one of the league's worst centers.  Margus Hunt had more sacks in one season in Indy than he had his entire time here.  Hell, he couldn't even get on the field much here.  These are just two examples, among the handful of players I mentioned. I know I'm forgetting more.

You are right, you can't hit on everyone, and we did waste a crap ton of picks on the front 7.  That being said, they've also not done the best job getting players outside of the top rounds to develop into much over the last few years, except for dline after they axed Hayes.  Some weren't good to begin with, some needed better coaching than they got here.

If you're going to use that model, you not only have to hit on more picks than you miss, you also must develop the talent you snag in the later rounds some.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's time to put an end to Model Model - Wyche'sWarrior - 02-11-2019, 12:16 PM