Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobson still spinning the same old crap
I don't see a ton that I disagree with in what Hobson is saying.

We all probably need to get on with accepting that it may take this coach a couple of drafts to get enough young talent on the roster to really get them going in the direction he wants.

Yes, we have a glaring hole on the right side of the OL, and yes it should be addresses in UFA. Glenn isn't dependable enough to bank on and you have nothing behind him. Outside of that, once you get your FA o-lineman, you have to go best player available in the draft IMO. This, to me means DT as well as OT and LB.

The Bengals are not 1 or 2 players aways from being a team that will make a deep playoff run. They are 4-5 starters away with some very suspect depth. Poor depth at WR, DT, corner, and no depth or even decent starters at LB, TE, or the right side of the line. Adding to that, many of the above average to great starters are getting to the end of their football playing primes. I'm looking at this as a rebuild. I'll judge the new staff on player development after the first two seasons or so.

Do we need to be active in FA? Yes. Do we need to dump everything into it right this moment? Absolutely not. Player development and drafting will determine the future of this team over the next 2 seasons. If we have less-than-great records but can see obvious leaps by young players under the new coaches, then that's a win. Eventually, that will lead to having a roster that will compete for a title.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hobson still spinning the same old crap - samhain - 02-11-2019, 05:26 PM