Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobson still spinning the same old crap
(02-11-2019, 07:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: First of all not all of the players we let go were worth the money they got in free agency.  Would you have rather we paid Stacy Andrews in excess of $40 million instead of letting him go?

Second, we don't just get picks, we also get the salary cap room.  If we keep Nelson, Whitworth, and Zeitler then we have to cut a lot of guys from our 2016 roster.  Those three earned about $37 million in 2016.  The Bengals spent $157.6 million that year which was actually more than the league salary cap of $155.3 million.  They were able to do that because they had cap space to roll over from the previous year, but they would have had to cut a lot of players to keep Whit, Zeitler, and Nelson because they had less than $5 million in cap space.

And finally, the comp picks effect the entire draft.  For example, do we still use a 4th round pick on a DT in 2010 (Geno Atkins) if we had not addressed CB with our third round comp pick?

Wow, that sure is an interesting way to say "yeah man, you got me.  Only one of the three guys that I listed was actually a compensatory pick.".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hobson still spinning the same old crap - SunsetBengal - 02-11-2019, 08:37 PM