Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling all guitar players, what is your axe of choice?
(03-04-2019, 10:50 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Almost all of the songs from the 90s through early 2000s were tuned Eb.

Yeah the Goo Goo Dolls used some really strange tuning so he could play and sing at the same time. LOL

I quit playing electric guitar for a while and sold all of my stuff(so sick of band drama).

One day I was in a pawn shop and some guy working there said "hey try this Squier out, it's setup great".

I said what the hell, and liked it.  Bought it for $150.  Later I put in some Seymour Duncans(Screamin' Demon in the bridge and a 59 in the neck)

Now I had more invested in the pickups than the guitar!  It just felt right, and I recorded a bunch of original stuff with it.

Since then I've never looked back and keep adding pieces of gear.  Still have that Squier though.  Will probably never sell it because of what it represents.

I always thought about swapping out pickups in some of my cheaper guitars. I just never knew which pickups I should go for. It's kinda hard to try out different pickups to see what suits you. I know Duncans have a great rep. I play quiet/loud Weezer/Nirvana style hard rock, so I'd want something hot, but not death metal hot. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Calling all guitar players, what is your axe of choice? - Shake n Blake - 03-04-2019, 11:04 PM