Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling all guitar players, what is your axe of choice?
(03-04-2019, 11:25 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: That's what surprised me about the PRS I have.

It's a cheaper model(Tremonti SE)but the guy I bought it off of put an American treble pickup in it  (which "treble" just means bridge for PRS).

It can play dirty tones but if you roll the volume knob back you can get it pretty clean.

That "Screamin' Demon" pickup I mentioned is really not a hot pick-up.  It has good clarity when distortion is applied.

The Seymour "JB" pickups are really clean.

Some people like Duncans and you'll have some that say they're sterile.

Active EMGs are what they are.  Clear, can handle a lot of gain, lack some personality.

If you love them then you can put them in any guitar and it will sound exactly the same.

Now that last sentence is why some people don't like them.  They want all of their guitars to have singular personalities.

Lol yeah when I saw that "screamin demon" name, I instantly thought "metal". 

My old Jagmaster had some Duncan "designed" humbuckers in it that I thought sounded pretty good.

(03-04-2019, 11:28 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: So did Toast Jones or whatever he was going by quit these boards??

That guy had a ton of knowledge about guitars.

Toast Jones/Wes Mantooth made some kind of promise/bet, lost and kinda stuck to it. I think he's made a couple cameos since, but he's pretty much gone. I really miss having him and Berserker (Royal Red Legs) around Jungle Noise. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Calling all guitar players, what is your axe of choice? - Shake n Blake - 03-05-2019, 05:47 PM