Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Turned down Jack Del Rio
(02-16-2019, 03:01 PM)Goncrazzy Wrote: I get that, and totally agree.  But at this point it feels like we're just blindly throwing darts at a board and saying lets ask this guy.  I'd hate to see a guy brought in as a project just cause no one else wanted the job.   I'm fully on board with ZT doing this his way and getting the the staff he wants to give it a truely ZT effort and all,  but if we're just shooting in the dark at this point to just fill the job then eff that.   Sometimes in life we don't always get things our way.   Sometimes we have to make the best outta what we got.   JDR is out there,  he was willing to come here.  He is one of the best options available.  I don't want him cause I like him,  I want him cause he is a better option then Joe Smoe off the street corner.   Work with that you can get at this point and next off season bring in or go after someone you really want.

It could be the case that Taylor and Del Rio's personalities just didn't mesh. While I would be fine with Del Rio as DC, if Taylor wasn't comfortable with him, then he shouldn't be the guy. Other than talking to the Bengals this year, and maybe the Giants last year...it's not like teams have been beating down Del Rio's door to be their DC. 

Like everyone else, I'll be glad when the search is over and we finally have a guy. I disagree about the whole 'shooting in the dark' idea. I think they going throw possibilities one by one, until they find someone they want and who wants to be here. Maybe they'll have to go through a few more guys to finally get that match, but at some point we'll have a DC...and all I'm concerned with is that whoever it is can produce results on the field. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Bengals Turned down Jack Del Rio - Okeana - 02-14-2019, 06:42 PM
RE: Bengals Turned down Jack Del Rio - McC - 02-16-2019, 07:12 PM
RE: Bengals Turned down Jack Del Rio - McC - 02-16-2019, 07:24 PM
RE: Bengals Turned down Jack Del Rio - McC - 02-20-2019, 10:41 AM
RE: Bengals Turned down Jack Del Rio - McC - 02-14-2019, 11:37 PM
RE: Bengals Turned down Jack Del Rio - McC - 02-15-2019, 12:27 PM
RE: Bengals Turned down Jack Del Rio - McC - 02-15-2019, 12:40 PM
RE: Bengals Turned down Jack Del Rio - McC - 02-15-2019, 01:34 PM
RE: Bengals Turned down Jack Del Rio - J24 - 02-15-2019, 11:59 PM
RE: Bengals Turned down Jack Del Rio - Bengalholic - 02-16-2019, 03:13 PM