Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I know Im The Only Person Who Wants This..
(02-14-2019, 07:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I have warmed up to the idea as these coaches have filtered out.

Bottom line i want Taylor to pick the coaches he wants. If he likes Rex so be it.

Never liked the guy but he has been a very good DC in the past and knows the AFC North very well.

I agree, I want him to pick what he wants and thinks will bring a championship to Cincy. Sink or swim.... I just personally would love to see Rex here. 

(02-14-2019, 07:54 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: If it true that Taylor didn't want Del Rio, makes me wonder if Taylor afraid of getting a DC with a bigger name/personality than his own that might undermine him in the locker room with the players.

Then that's an ego issue and not whats best for the team. 

(02-14-2019, 08:12 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Not alone. We could use some fire on defense.

He has always turned a team into a strong defense. I think he could do great things with our players. Rams defense is strong because of Wade Phillips, Rex would be our seasoned experience answer to the defense we need.

(02-14-2019, 09:01 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Not the only one, apparently.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/ny-sports-rex-ryan-bengals-20190214-story.html

"Consider the facts: Ryan’s units have finished in the Top 6 in total defense in eight of 12 seasons as a coordinator and/or head coach. He’s finished in the Top 6 in points allowed four times. He also orchestrated two defenses that led the league in fewest yards and points allowed twice.

Translation: Rex can flat-out coach defense."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I know Im The Only Person Who Wants This.. - GodFather - 02-14-2019, 11:08 PM