Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In A Showdown With The Program I Present Through
(02-19-2019, 06:09 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Because they don't seek the proper help and they'd rather kill themself than face life.

I have been trying to stay out of this after my original post because I don't want to get into one of these back and forth threads you so often seem to be involved in.  That said, you really should educate yourself on the subject a bit more before making such sweeping generalizations.  You are very much entitled to your belief that all people that commit suicide made a deliberate choice rather than "face life".  That doesn't mean you are right.   

I watched a talk on this very subject some time ago.  One of the points brought up was when Robin Williams ended his life.  The media stated that he committed suicide and by definition he did.  However in the talk about this, it was better stated that he lost his battle with depression.  From what I have read he was undergoing treatment at the time and had been for many years as well as treatment for other conditions. 

As I stated earlier it is a very complex subject.  For example when it comes to suicide and mental illness it is not as simple as saying, "Well they didn't try hard enough. They just refused to face life."

In other ways I sort of get it.  You went through a tragic event that almost killed you and changed your life forever.  I commend you for working through that struggle and also for working to help others through your presentations.  You have had a lot to get through and worked hard to deal with it.  From what I know of your story that has been no small task by any means.  It really is a great story of a person overcoming adversity to do something with their life.  However, that doesn't give you carte blanche to judge others who may have lost their personal battles.

Edit: Given your posts above you seem to be a person of faith, as am I, so you might find this article interesting as it pertains to my mention of Robin Williams, depression and the devastating effects it can have on someone.

Depression and Suicide: A Catholic Perspective
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: In A Showdown With The Program I Present Through - George Cantstandya - 02-19-2019, 07:45 PM