Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Tobin and Taylor be able to be on the same page with roster?
(02-17-2019, 03:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The draft - Really don't see it changing much as we haven't added more scouts. I'm sure Taylor will lobby for people. They'll get some. Some will be picked by other people. Much like Marvin didn't want Ross.

The scouts now really won't matter because everyone knows about the big name college players and they're well-evaluated and all over TV and on websites.  Where teams win the draft is in the mid-to-late rounds where you find sleepers and small school guys, which is what Mike Brown didn't/doesn't understand.

I will say that it is easier to find sleepers and late round players now with the internet and all the scouting sites, but do we even have enough people to be looking at that and scouting the few pro days we can and making college visits?

On the topic, I think they'll be on the same page because I think that Mike Brown is going to tell Tobin that "this is Taylor's team, so give him what he wants."

Also, without a DC at the moment, it's going to be hard for Taylor and Tobin to even know what kind of defenders that they'll need.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Tobin and Taylor be able to be on the same page with roster? - BFritz21 - 02-20-2019, 05:09 PM