Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Tobin and Taylor be able to be on the same page with roster?
(02-24-2019, 06:54 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It is much easier to find sleepers and evaluate players, like I keep saying, but you also still even need quality scouts to know what they're looking for online and to have the time and football knowledge to properly evaluate the prospects.

I do still think that it's important, once we find the mid-to-late round guys/sleepers, to go to pro days, do interviews, and just get details about the player as a person and properly evaluate because the films can only show so much.  It also helps to get an in-person interview in just so you can make sure they have their heads on right and everything else.

Anarumo was picked a day or so after I posted that, but I agree that I'm liking the pick because it's Austin's pick even if it wasn't his top pick because he was near the top.  I also like that he was a defensive backs coach since it's a passing league now, and also being a former quarterback and receiver(?) coach helps because he knows what the progressions are and things that go on in a quarterback's mind.

Of course having quality scouts is very important i just disagree with the notion that we need tons of scouts. Belichick even says you can have too many minds in the room. The interviewing process is very important and you don't want too many scouts in the guys face either.

Yes, all i wanted was for Taylor to pick his own guys he is comfortable with and he can communicate well with. This is exactly what he is doing. I am really interested in seeing who the LB coach and the DL coach will be. Need these guys in the room like right now so they can get on the same page with Zac.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Tobin and Taylor be able to be on the same page with roster? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-24-2019, 07:01 PM