Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lorenzen one of the most intriguing players this season
You don't hear of too many pitchers being considered for position player spots while still pitching. Nobody is suggesting he become a regular position player, but if he hits a real rough patch on the mound he may just become a pretty solid bench player in addition to spot starts, long relief and possibly closing duties as well. Lorenzen is a really nice problem to have even though it would be wonderful if everything on the mound falls into place for him this year.
It's always great to have a guy in the #9 spot who can also clear the bases any time he's up to bat..(well, not EVERY time, but enough)
I can't remember the last pitcher the Reds had with so much all around athleticism who could also hit for power..  It would be absurd to suggest he'll hit 15 HR's, but it's not beyond the realm of possibility either. He makes for quite an intriguing player.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Lorenzen one of the most intriguing players this season - grampahol - 02-22-2019, 10:03 AM