Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any suggestions on a mattress
(03-03-2019, 11:12 PM)Cure4CF Wrote: I’ve been reading about people doing this.  Have you or anyone you know tried it?  Thanks for the link!

I did from that place i linked. Probably about 5-6 years ago. Still using it. Reseaeched a bunch on memory foam. Found out the density rating is basically what you want to look for. Higher the better as far as quality and longevity. But it also effects firmness. Higher being more firm.

I think i did a 3" base of the premium non memory foam. There are a bunch of different types. 5" of 3lbs density and 2" of 5lbs density memory foam. 

The 3lbs was too soft for my liking. I originally started with that on top. Switched it around and put the 5lbs on top and it was money. 

Comes rolled up and compressed. Open it up and let it air out for a day or two. I think that is true for any mail order memory foam mattress.

They sell bamboo mattress covers i found one on ebay for like 20 bucks to fit a 10" mattress. 

Where i screwed up is i didnt have a mattress protector. So dead skin and shit gets in and deteriorates the foam faster.

I will do it again. I can resuse the base and will stick to high density foam. And make sure i get a breathable mattress protector. To go under the bamboo mattress cover.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Any suggestions on a mattress - Cure4CF - 03-03-2019, 11:40 AM
RE: Any suggestions on a mattress - Au165 - 03-03-2019, 02:26 PM
RE: Any suggestions on a mattress - NATI BENGALS - 03-06-2019, 09:31 PM