Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Shouldn't do this - but Im going to
(03-04-2019, 03:58 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I don't like this, not your draft picks, those are great, but this Rosen talk. IMO Dalton is head and shoulders above Rosen.  I just don't see anything in Rosen that say's, this kid is gonna be great.

Carson Palmer gave his scouting report of Josh Rosen last year from OTAs...
Carson Palmer Wrote:"I saw great accuracy. I saw a lot of zip and velocity on the ball. I saw him make difficult, challenging throws all overt he field and down-the-field accuracy. He threw with great anticipation and great timing.”

Palmer also pointed out the talent around him at UCLA wasn’t elite.
“There weren’t a ton of NFL guys on his team,” he said. “It’s not like he was throwing to second- and third-round picks at receiver. He was doing it with a bunch of different guys, a couple of different tight ends and playing against NFL talent without a lot of NFL talent on his side.”
Palmer said Rosen’s ability to make throws before receivers are open and to do it accurately “is something you just don’t see, especially in today’s day and age.”
What will be Rosen’s challenge?

It won’t be the mental side. It won’t be the offense or seeing what the defense is giving him.
“You’ve got to be able to stand there in the pocket, get hit in the face and throw the football down the field,” he said. “His game is not outside the pocket. His game is not running for eight yards on third-and-seven. His game is standing in the pocket, taking hits, throwing the ball vertically, throwing the ball in holes down the sideline. . . but doing that when there’s 260 pounds coming downhill at your face is a whole different world, a whole different animal.”

https://cardswire.usatoday.com/2018/05/24/carson-palmer-gives-his-scouting-report-of-josh-rosen/

So it pretty much boils down to Rosen being a really good NFL QB as long as he can stay upright, that's at least what Carson Palmer and many other scouts/analysts think of him.

Also, what will be better overall, A) Dalton, or B) Rosen + $10-15 mill put toward other players? Because one has to assume that if Rosen is acquired, Dalton won't be sticking around longer than maybe a year. Therefore, Dalton's saved cap can be put towards other players (theoretically).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Shouldn't do this - but Im going to - ochocincos - 03-05-2019, 11:40 AM