Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Place You Have Ever Traveled To
I haven't traveled a ton, especially internationally. I haven't taken a vacation in my adult life; just haven't been able to afford it. When I was in Scouts, though, I visited several states and went to Canada a couple of times. There is a camp I went to, Haliburton Scout Reserve, that is probably one of my favorite places. The camp was on a lake and you had to canoe everywhere. You dug your own latrines, you had your own swimming hole for the campsite. Some campsites were on islands in the middle of the lake. It was a week in the woods where we had some programs, but mostly it was just being teenagers in the woods. The Scouters let us do our thing while they drank beer and smoked Cubans. This was against all sorts of policies, but our leaders saw this as a vacation for them. They made sure we weren't screwing up too much, but other than that they just let us do our thing.

Those were two of my favorite weeks. I also got to visit Toronto where a whole troop of Scouts, in uniform, visited Hooters. I got to see Niagra Falls, as well, but truthfully it wasn't all that much to me.

[Image: Uwg6agQ.jpg]
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Favorite Place You Have Ever Traveled To - Belsnickel - 03-08-2019, 11:19 AM