Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't get hopes up for big FA moves..
(03-10-2019, 07:14 PM)Au165 Wrote: TE is kind of a wasteland in FA, our guys are probably as good as anything outside of Cook who I am kind of meh on.

I think a mid level RT like Jawan James is in play, see the Miami connection plus I think his price tag is serviceable.

LB is actually deeper than you’d expect. I don’t think mosley is in play and honestly I’m not a huge fan, but I think a Hicks or Wright could be.

Cook would make sense due to need and the connection with Bryan Callahan.  The problem is he's on the wrong side of 30 and far and away the best TE on the market, so you have to watch getting locked into a bad contract.  I think Jesse James is significantly better than Kroft and Uzi, though.  Eifert is obviously elite when healthy, but a major gamble for any kind of significant money.

The Bengals have to do something at RT.  If they can't land a quality in FA or via trade, they are basically going to be forced to draft the best T available at 11 in a draft loaded with great defensive talent.  I do like James as an option.  Brown scares me a bit, and he would be the "big name" get.

There are a lot of LB's that can really help us, so I definitely agree there.  Plus, LB is going to be our best bang for our FA bucks.  I like Mosely a lot, but signing him probably means not getting a quality player at another area of need.  

A big thing is will the Bengals forgo their usual $10 mil rainy day rollover due to Taylor needing to bring in talent that fits the new systems.  If they loosen the purse strings in this way, this would possibly allow them to land a big name at certain position groups and fill their holes.  I think the asking price of S's is going to suffer due to the glut of top talent available.  Landon Collins would certainly qualify as a big name and has a lot of scheme versatility.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Don't get hopes up for big FA moves.. - Whatever - 03-10-2019, 08:28 PM