Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I guess the front office is blind to the reat of the North
(03-13-2019, 06:19 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: You're a smart guy. I know you know what I'm saying. If you have $40m in cap space then sign an undeserving player to a 3 year/$15m deal and give them $10m upfront, you now have $30m left to spend. Had you given that same player $5-6m upfront, you would be at $34-35m left to spend. So frontloading contracts to eat up the immediate cap can and does limit what you have available to spend. I even said it makes it easier to let go of the player later on with little to no cap hit. However, this is a team that brags about players seeing every dollar of their contract.

I'm not saying to never frontload a contract. I'm saying constantly doing that allows you to dwindle your available cap much faster. I have little to no doubt that Mike Brown prefers to give a bunch of money upfront to have the ability to cry poor much faster.

I am a smart guy.  I see what you are saying, and you are wrong.  Teams that people see as wanting to "win now" frontload contracts in order to bring in the best talent right away.  

And please pause for a moment and think about what you just said.  Mike Brown likes to "cry poor" so he spends MORE.  You are basically trying to prove that Mike Brown is cheap by showing how much MORE he spends.  That is the most twisted logic I have ever seen.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I guess the front office is blind to the reat of the North - fredtoast - 03-14-2019, 12:15 PM