Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I guess the front office is blind to the reat of the North
(03-14-2019, 11:59 AM)NKURyan Wrote: Remember when after a decade of losing the 2003 Bengals won 8 games and everyone convinced themselves they had arrived and would own the division for years? They had a stud young QB, the best wide receiver in the division, a great running game, the hottest coach in the league, a rabid and hungry fanbase, and all the momentum in the world. How'd that turn out? They made the playoffs one time in the next 6 years.

Yeah I don’t recall anyone saying the Bengals were going to own the division. In 2003 Palmer didn’t even play. When did Hines Ward play for the Bengals in 2003? Must have missed that. They did have a good running game but hottest coach in the league? Rabid and hungry fan base? They had SOME momentum. Talk about overselling it. Even if all of what you said was true there would still be one HUGE difference. Mayfield is a leader and the Bengals have not had that at QB since Boomer. Ok Kitna was a leader but he also had no arm.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I guess the front office is blind to the reat of the North - Jonescincy - 03-14-2019, 11:22 PM