Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Flacco

Solid start. Mellow

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 09:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 38.2

Solid start. Mellow

Yeah, but how many DPI yards did the refs rack up for him?
Reply/Quote
But...but he's Elite
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm waiting on Poe, to come here and defend him. Guess it will be couple weeks

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 09:15 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: I'm waiting on Poe, to come here and defend him. Guess it will be couple weeks

Poe doesn't defend him. That's Pat and Blitz. Poe just poops out of his mouth a lot. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 09:15 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: I'm waiting on Poe, to come here and defend him. Guess it will be couple weeks

Poe only shows up when the Ravens win and the Bengals lose.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 09:17 PM)Bengaldor Wrote: Poe only shows up when the Ravens win and the Bengals lose.

^Truth

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 09:17 PM)Bengaldor Wrote: Poe only shows up when the Ravens win and the Bengals lose.

Oh yea,I've had my run ins with poe...

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 09:16 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Poe doesn't defend him. That's Pat and Blitz. Poe just poops out of his mouth a lot. 

Ain't that the truth.. 

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 09:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 38.2

Solid start. Mellow

Horrible start

Manning 59.9 bad as well
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 09:51 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Horrible start

Manning 59.9 bad as well

Not as bad as 38.2  ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
Not bothered. If you actually watched the game, he wasn't bad. The o line didn't give him time and his receivers couldn't get open. On the pick 6, Talib read the route and cut off his receiver perfectly right when Flacco threw it. He made a lo
Of great plays to avoid sacks the whole game.

The last pick should hAve been a PI and wouldn't have happened if Smith catches the TD earlier that drive. Game ends there.

Two great defenses. Two Super Bowl MVPs held under 200 yards with no TDs. That's why we play teams like Oakland. Makes up for tough losses
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
That was not a game to watch for a clinic on good QB play...
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:29 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Two great defenses. Two Super Bowl MVPs held under 200 yards with no TDs. That's why we play teams like Oakland. Makes up for tough losses

You better pray the raiders dont pull one out against the ravens...lol.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 11:17 PM)Beaker Wrote: You better pray the raiders dont pull one out against the ravens...lol.

Doubtful. Flacco is 3-0 against them averaging 35 points a game. It's a good bounce back game.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:29 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Not bothered. If you actually watched the game, he wasn't bad. The o line didn't give him time and his receivers couldn't get open. On the pick 6, Talib read the route and cut off his receiver perfectly right when Flacco threw it. He made a lo

The last pick should hAve been a PI and wouldn't have happened if Smith catches the TD earlier that drive. Game ends there.

Two great defenses. Two Super Bowl MVPs held under 200 yards with no TDs. That's why we play teams like Oakland. Makes up for tough losses

I'm not going to rip a guy for one game, especially when I didn't see it, but I saw the pick 6 and that was a terrible decision.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Both QBs looked really really bad, and honestly I'd be very nervous if I was a Broncos fan. Manning looks like he can't throw past 10 yards down the field anymore. Manning's age combined with that performance yesterday and the end of last year doesn't look to promising.

The Broncos do seem to have a very good defense, so there seems to be more hope for Joe, and we all know Joe Flacco is elite...at throwing interceptions Ninja
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:29 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Not bothered. If you actually watched the game, he wasn't bad. The o line didn't give him time and his receivers couldn't get open. On the pick 6, Talib read the route and cut off his receiver perfectly right when Flacco threw it. He made a lo

Man, I don't think Flacco is horrible like some Bengals fans seem to, but you're really sounding like the JNers that are all over Andy's jock with this post LOL You blamed the o-line and receivers, gave the defense credit on a poor decision, pointed out 1 thing that he did reasonably well while it's nothing close to making up for his throwing, called for a phantom penalty to be called, AND pulled the whole "well if X happened then Y would never have happened so yeah, that!" all in 1 post. This is like a Jungle Noise special right here.

I had the Ravens/Broncos on my TV while I was streaming the Bengals so I'm not just guessing how things played out by the stat sheet. Neither QB looked good yesterday, there's no need to try and twist things. I'll gladly own up when Andy has a bad day, all NFL QBs go through it.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 09:18 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Man, I don't think Flacco is horrible like some Bengals fans seem to, but you're really sounding like the JNers that are all over Andy's jock with this post LOL You blamed the o-line and receivers, gave the defense credit on a poor decision, pointed out 1 thing that he did reasonably well while it's nothing close to making up for his throwing, called for a phantom penalty to be called, AND pulled the whole "well if X happened then Y would never have happened so yeah, that!" all in 1 post. This is like a Jungle Noise special right here.

I had the Ravens/Broncos on my TV while I was streaming the Bengals so I'm not just guessing how things played out by the stat sheet. Neither QB looked good yesterday, there's no need to try and twist things. I'll gladly own up when Andy has a bad day, all NFL QBs go through it.

if you can show me how the o line wasn't garbage or receivers were open, I'd like to see it. Did Smith not drop a game winning TD the play before the game inning pick?

Great defense shut down two good QBs. Too much pressure for either to make plays. No receivers open for either QB. Smiths pick 6 wasn't a bad decision by Manning

It's funny that Steve Smith dropping a pass basically changes the narrative from "Great defensive outing and Flacco makes a TD when needed" to "Flacco is garbage and the whole team looked bad". How does that make sense? I'm going to look for the good, especially given the circumstances and the fact that this was the toughest game on our schedule. We walked away a dropped TD from winning. That's not bad.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 10:22 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: if you can show me how the o line wasn't garbage or receivers were open, I'd like to see it. Did Smith not drop a game winning TD the play before the game inning pick?

Great defense shut down two good QBs. Too much pressure for either to make plays. No receivers open for either QB. Smiths pick 6 wasn't a bad decision by Manning

It's funny that Steve Smith dropping a pass basically changes the narrative from "Great defensive outing and Flacco makes a TD when needed" to "Flacco is garbage and the whole team looked bad". How does that make sense? I'm going to look for the good, especially given the circumstances and the fact that this was the toughest game on our schedule. We walked away a dropped TD from winning. That's not bad.

Meh, I'd have to watch it again but I don't remember obscene amounts of pressure on Flacco, there was definitely SOME though but that happens in literally every NFL game that is played. Even when Joe had a couple seconds, he just looked uncomfortable yesterday. His receivers and line didn't do him any favors, but that doesn't mean that it's impossible for the QB to look bad himself as well, because he did. It's a common logical fallacy used in JN, if other players screw up then somehow it's okay for Andy to screw up too, or it means that his inaccurate passes weren't inaccurate because a receiver dropped a pass 2 quarters ago.

It's cool to look for the good, but this is the Smack Talk forum so you're really going to hear about the bad, and it's probably going to be a bit exaggerated. Flacco didn't put up the worst QB performance I've seen in my lifetime or anything, but to try and defend this so vehemently is just silly. Every QB in the NFL has bad games, and this was definitely one of Flacco's even if it wasn't absolutely atrocious considering the surrounding circumstances. It's this kind of game that I usually stick with "Yep, Andy wasn't good, rest of the offense sucked, onto week 2", because listing a whole bunch of reasons why everyone else sucks to somehow get the heat off Flacco just isn't going to work and shouldn't with the performance he had yesterday. He will have good games in 2015, but week 1 will never be included in that conversation by anyone being rational.

I could totally understand your point if he was making the best out of what he was dealt and it really WAS everyone else around him blowing up, but he was absolutely part of the offensive meltdown.
Reply/Quote