Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hart signing does not bother me as long as it does not dictate Draft strategy
(03-13-2019, 03:50 PM)depthchart Wrote: I just don't consider Hart to be an atrocious player.

Granted, he is on that bottom tier of starting caliber tackles.

32 teams with 64 starting tackles and Hart hovers in that 60 to 70 range.

If Hart ends up making $7 million per year then he will be performing well to do so.

Making $5 million per year is in the area of low end veteran starter money which is what Hart is.

In the grand scheme of Tackle contracts, the Bengals get to know what they have in the 24 year old Hart versus maybe missing worse on another Free Agent.

They can part with Hart easily after one year and my "sticking point" involves the Bengals trying to find a rookie upgrade as soon as possible.

Not sure what other Free Agent you would have preferred and at what price.

I just don't see the SKY Falling here but that will Hinge on how the Bengals view all of this.

If Hart is their guy for the next 3 years then I see clouds at my feet.

If this move is a Bridge to a rookie upgrade then the money involved doesn't break the Bank in today's NFL.

Your explanation about why the Hart signing here wasn't so bad...actually made me feel worse about it.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hart signing does not bother me as long as it does not dictate Draft strategy - THE PISTONS - 03-13-2019, 04:10 PM