Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we just take a step back and look at the roster?
(03-15-2019, 02:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Name the Super Bowl team that didn't place a lot of weapons around the QB.

Even the ones you mention (Brady and Mahomes) have great lines and weapons. 

I'm not against drafting a QB. I'm against this logic that "QB fixes everything". I saw that logic on display throughout the 90's. 

My point with Dalton was you almost need an all star team around him like 2015 to make it to the Super Bowl which is the ultimate goal and that a franchise qb hides some of those weakness on the roster. 2015 is almost impossible to duplicate without signing quality free agents. We literally were crushing draft picks at a ridiculous/ unsubstantial rate by getting guys like Marvin Jones and Iloka in the 5th, with pillars of the team in Geno Atkins in the fourth round, striking gold by taking chances on controversial players like Burfict/ jones. Getting guys like Zetiler in a trade from Oakland for Plamer. Eifert having his only healthy season as a pro. Basically every single thing went right for us and it’s hard to replicate when you rely mostly on the draft to build your team and then start drafting guys like Ogbuehi, Fisher, Bodine, Ect. Don’t get you point about the 90’s the logic was right that a qb solves many issues the problem was they drafted guys who weren’t even close to fanchise QBs in absolute bums like Akilis Smith.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can we just take a step back and look at the roster? - lone bengal - 03-15-2019, 02:42 PM