Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we just take a step back and look at the roster?
(03-16-2019, 01:42 PM)McC Wrote: Good one.  Narrative shattered.

Yeah, I just kinda see people who want to take shots at AJ as people just wanting to take shots.  Not that he's above criticism, but he has more than earned the respect he should and does get. 

And I would take it even further and say maybe he deserves some sentimentality too.  The whole we should trade AJ thinking is getting over the top.  It is a business, but it is a people business and it should not be devoid of loyalty. 

And it's not like he doesn't produce on a big time level.

Is it shattered? Only if you are not being objective and looking to side with Fred.

Since 2014 AJ has zero stats in 17 games, he DNP in 16 and was hurt early in another making it 3 years he DNDP (in my opinion) in 4 games or more since he entered the league. in 2014. He missed 6 games and 7 games the past 2 seasons or 13 of 32 games or missed 40% of the games recently. In 8 years, he has 3 years missing 25% of the season and 2 years missing over 40% of the season. I think he only missed 1 game in  the other 5 seasons (entire game).

I have an AJ jersey and love his talent, but I refuse to ignore the past 2 years he has become unreliable. Fans are all over Eifert, but ignore Green is heading down a similar path. I am hopeful the injuries are behind him, but based on recent history, it is hard to be optimistic.

AJ also missed at least 1 playoff game if I recall at Indy, maybe more.

So, sorry Fred did not shatter my narrative, he just ignored or used selective facts to protect AJ.

Compare AJ to other stud WR's like Brown, J. Jones, Hopkins and others, he is far worse staying healthy and playing in games.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can we just take a step back and look at the roster? - Luvnit2 - 03-16-2019, 01:56 PM