Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we just take a step back and look at the roster?
I can't really judge the roster until I know that the bulk of major offseason acquisitions are over.

That said, I despise our linebacker group for the most part as it stands. Brown is a decent player, but not a 3-down guy. Vigil is just a guy. Burfict looked like he was finished. When he did manage to get into games, he seemed to leave in short order with up and down play on the field (plus the requisite dumb extracurriculars).

This could and hopefully will change after the draft, or perhaps a FA signing (which seems unlikely with the kinds of players they're bringing in). A Devin White or Vosean Joseph would change my opinion quite a bit.

If you're going to have a guy like Brown, who is a 2-down guy as a starter and Burfict who is unreliable as another, you need to have some damn good backups waiting in the wings, because it's a virtual lock that you'll need them early and often. It's not so much that the starters suck (even though they kinda do), it's that the backups are absolute dog shit tacos in football jerseys, and they play way too much.

Hardy Nickerson and Jordan Evans need to be selling insurance or working on used car lots next season. They are bums of the first order and I hate seeing them on this team.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can we just take a step back and look at the roster? - samhain - 03-16-2019, 10:46 PM