Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we just take a step back and look at the roster?
(03-16-2019, 11:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Linebacker and OLine are still issues in my book.

I think they're punting on o-line in round 1.  I suppose they didn't like they're options as day 1 starters, which is fine, I guess.  I say this because pretty much all of Glenn/Boling/Price/Miller/Hart are getting paid to start.  They need a backup swing tackle, which I could see them trying to get one in 3 or after.  I'd be shocked if they go guard at all before 3.  

My belief is that they are planning on one of the stud DTs falling to 11 and then taking him.  Not an awful strategy, really.  It would be badass to see Geno next to Ed Oliver or Gary or maybe even Wilkins.  Got zero problem with that plan.....  Except what it means for the LB position.  

Unless we sign a guy like Zach Brown or trade for a guy like Derron Lee, we need at least 1 more starting quality backer before August.  I'm still skeptical that they take one early.  I think they'll get a DT and then give Taylor a new toy to use in his offense.  No way they hire an offensive-minded new coach and don't give him something to work with early in the draft.  In fact, if a DT doesn't fall in 1, I wouldn't't be surprised to see them snag Hockenson, even with the Eifert signing.  I view having Uzomah and Eifert as having 1.5 TEs.  Hockenson is a decent blocker, to boot.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can we just take a step back and look at the roster? - samhain - 03-17-2019, 12:36 AM