Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we just take a step back and look at the roster?
(03-18-2019, 01:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm trying to put myself in the minds of the FO...
Marvin's crew went to the playoffs in 2005, 2009, and 2011-2015. That's 7 out of 16 seasons (43%). In the FO's minds, Marvin has shown he can get his team to the playoffs on a recurring basis. Given the frequency of success of getting to the playoffs, Mike Brown and co. was giving Marvin a chance to right the ship again.

Look at it this way...Mike saw how often Marvin was able to get the team into the playoffs, especially in the past decade. He felt more comfortable and less risk to see if Marvin could do it again vs bringing in someone brand new.

But it still didn't give an good explanation for them being all aboard the SB or bust train since of those 7 his teams failed every single time. But that wasn't enough evidence for them? That he was a coach who can get them to respectability but can't get over the hump? It was almost two decades of data for them. There's absolutely no way you can tell me they made the decision to bring back ML to win a SB. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can we just take a step back and look at the roster? - Hoofhearted - 03-18-2019, 03:14 PM