Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we just take a step back and look at the roster?
(03-18-2019, 03:14 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: But it still didn't give an good explanation for them being all aboard the SB or bust train since of those 7 his teams failed every single time. But that wasn't enough evidence for them? That he was a coach who can get them to respectability but can't get over the hump? It was almost two decades of data for them. There's absolutely no way you can tell me they made the decision to bring back ML to win a SB. 

They clearly view success as getting into the playoffs, not "Super Bowl or Bust."
Many of us (including myself) wanted them to go all-in once the team was consistently making the playoffs to get over that hump.
They didn't change their approach. I would expect because they believed they were doing things the right way to be successful, as evidence by repeated playoff appearances. If someone argued, "Yeah, but 0 playoff wins!" they would counter with, "But 20 teams miss the playoffs every year, so we're better than a majority of the league."

My entire point is that whether we like it or not, the Bengals FO has a way of operating to achieve what they believe is success, but (most) fans disagree with that approach.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can we just take a step back and look at the roster? - ochocincos - 03-18-2019, 03:22 PM